Sign in if you already have an account.
  
donate.gif

National Spotlight

Financial Resources —Did you know that there are many financial resources that can help people living with breast cancer? Find out more

Voices of Impact™ — Join us here as we continue to share stories that celebrate the women and men who inspire us all.

Growth of All Grantees in Service Area: 3-year progression

Growth of All Grantees in Service Area: 3-year progression

What we fund. In the past three years, the Greater Cincinnati Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure has grown its community health programs to meets the needs of women and families in our service area. In this short time period community health programs targeting breast health education, screening, treatment and support have increased to meet the growing needs of uninsured and underinsured women. These programs have become vital to women in our community, as funding sources for prevention screening for uninsured and underinsured women often run out early in a fiscal year and women are left to attempt to pay for preventive screenings on their own. Programs funded by Komen Greater Cincinnati also strive to address the critical financial, psychological, and emotional needs that women often experience after a breast cancer diagnosis and treatment, recognizing that there is a larger picture of wellness to consider during the recovery process. While Komen Greater Cincinnati strives everyday to find a cure for this disease that affects too many women each year, we recognize that women still struggle with accessing basic preventive, treatment, and supportive care for this disease once they are diagnosed.

How we fund. We rely on our generous fundraisers and corporate partners to support the life-saving programs that are funding locally and the national breast cancer research efforts. Without these relationships we would not be able to support the necessary screening, treatment, support, and research efforts that are currently funded. Seventy-five percent (75%) of donations made to Komen Greater Cincinnati is used to fund the community health programs that serve uninsured and underinsured women in our 21-county service area, while the remaining 25% supports life-saving research to treat and find a cure for breast cancer. Our promise is clear, to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.


 Comminity Health Map 2011  Community Health Map 2012  Community Health Map 2013
  All Community Health programs- FY11                    All Community Health Programs- FY12   All Community Health Programs- FY13